Department: Ohio County Hospital
Status/Schedule: Part Time
Posting Date: 06/30/2020
- Education: High School diploma or GED
- Experience: Previous receptionist experience preferred but not required.
- Description: ER Patient Access is the face of not just the Emergency Department but the hospital as a whole. They are charged with
• Registering a patient into our system and finishing their accounts upon disposition.
• They have the duty to verify and record insurance information and collect co-pays.
• The patient access clerks answer phones and direct visitors to patients.
• Work collaboratively with doctors and staff to provide Outstanding Care Here
• Manage multiple patients simultaneously, prioritizing needs continually
• Comply with all legal and safety requirements at all times
• Maintain a clean, sanitary, and organized work environment
• Work at maximum efficiency without compromising quality of care
• Abide by all hospital rules and regulations
• Conduct yourself in a composed and professional manner, especially under pressure
• Monitor coworkers and voice concerns to minimize errors
• Maintain accurate and up to date patient charts
• Attend all required training and continuing education events
• Passion for continued learning and skill development
• Team-player mentality and a positive attitude
Position Description: This position will be able to function in all roles in the department, switchboard operator, registration of patients for procedures and outpatient services, opening and closing of the department and operate the front desk with strong customer service skills