Ohio County Hospital Surgical Department provides in-patient and out-patient procedures.
For our patients’ convenience, the surgical department operates Monday through Friday between the hours of 8 am and 4 pm for scheduled cases. The staff is available for emergencies after 4 pm during the week and on weekends. Elective cases can occasionally be scheduled on Saturdays. Our surgical unit features modern surgical suites and state of the art equipment.
Out-patient or same-day surgery is available Monday through Friday from 7 am to 5 pm. We provide pre-operative instructions and care, as well as recovery care. Individualized patient care is provided in semi-private and private rooms for the privacy and comfort of our patients and their families.
Anesthesia is administered by Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNA). A variety of anesthesia services are administered including general anesthesia (put to sleep), epidurals, spinals, and auxillary blocks.
What to Expect
Prior to surgery, you will provide a detailed medical history to the hospital. We will discuss your current medications and which ones you are required to take the morning of the surgery or procedure. It is vital that you make a list of your current medications, the amount you take, and how often you take them. If you are unable to provide this list, please bring your medications to the hospital when you attend your pre-operative interview, or have them available during the phone interview.
Arrangements will be made for lab tests, x-rays or other studies requested by your physician. You and your physician will discuss in detail the procedure prior to the surgery.
How to Prepare
- Do not eat or drink anything after 12:00 midnight the night before your surgery unless otherwise directed.
- Do not bring jewelry or other personal items to the hospital. If valuables are brought, they can be locked away in the Admitting Office upon arrival.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing such as sweats or shorts.
- Arrange to have a driver after you are discharged.
- Please follow specific directions that your doctor may give you after the procedure.
- Notify the surgeon of any change in your physical condition such as a cold, sore throat, chills, fever, vomiting, etc.
For more information, please contact Chastity Woolen, RN, Manager of Surgical Services, at 270-298-5271.